Monday, August 25, 2014

Engagement Photo Craft Dog Sign

I wanted to incorporate our dog, Maggie, into our engagement photos and do it in a really cute way. After looking on Pinterest I saw that some people had signs for their dogs to wear and I decided, again, to make one rather than buy one. Where's the fun in buying a finished product when you can make one yourself?

*Again, shout-out and thanks to Toby for being a big help and getting these supplies!*

Supplies:

-Chalkboard Butterfly with rope attached
-White Glittery Letters
-Glue Gun

I used an already made shape with a rope attached because they had it at Michael's but initially I was planning on painting a heart shaped wooden cut-out and drilling holes on the top to add a rope. But this worked out even better because I used a ruler and chalk to draw lines for where the letters would go and then erased the chalk during clean up! The letters were sticky but I felt that gluing them on was a better idea since you never know with dogs and nature! I wouldn't have wanted them falling off mid-shoot.

Finished!
Maggie with her sign!
Doggy sign with the banner I made (see previous post on the blog for info)
A shot Amanda snapped during our photo shoot


The spots where we took our photos were so gorgeous! I had 3  "costume changes" (as I like to call them) and they all seemed to work well with Dan's outfit and all of the scenery! Here's a sneak peek:



Loved this door and wall
Me getting glammed up!

Can't wait to see how our photos turn out!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment