Monday, August 11, 2014

DIY: Liquor Bottle Bouquet

My not so baby brother turned 21 this month and I knew exactly what to get him this year! I made him a bouquet of liquor bottles because what 21 year old doesn't want alcohol?

The great thing about making one of these is that you can use so many different kinds of liquor and you can add a lot of things to make it more personal. I went to the liquor store and grabbed a variety of airplane bottles because he just turned 21 so he shouldn't know what kind he likes yet, right? ;) Having a variety is a good way to make it eye-appealing and different. It could also be cute to make one with all the same bottles to look more uniform.

Supplies:
-Liquor bottles
-Stems/plastic flowers
-Vase
-Glue Gun
-Styrofoam base

Additional supplies that could be used:
-Money
-Candy
-Gift cards

The first thing I did was cut the Styrofoam base so that it fit into the bottom of the base. I cut it down but made sure it was tall enough so the stems would be secured. Next, I cut the stems of some of the plastic flowers and glued the back of the liquor bottles to the stem. It is a good idea to glue them a little lower on the stem so they aren't too heavy on the very top. I secured them with twist ties to keep them in place while the glue dried.

After putting the stems in the vase, I added some flowers and loose leaves to make it look more like a plant. and voilĂ ! Happy 21st Birthday William!


It could be really cute to add some of the person's favorite candy or roll dollar bills into flower shapes. I don't think this is going to be my last bouquet!

Love,


1 comment:

  1. This is the most creative thing I have ever seen!
    So cute! Great idea, and I like the fact that you can be creative with what grows on the plant. I'm hoping for a money bouquet!

    ReplyDelete