Monday, August 25, 2014

Save The Date Banner

For our engagement photo shoot I thought it would be fun to have some props for us to use. One of my favorite ideas is holding a banner that has the numerical date of the wedding. It is a simple idea that is perfect for a Save-The-Date. People can hang it on their fridge next to their calendars and easily remember the day. Plus it's adorable!  I looked and found some great inspiration on Pinterest and found some very cute products on Etsy but decided for timing and crafty purposes I would make my own. I like the rustic look so I opted for a burlap banner. All of the supplies came from my favorite store, you guessed it, Michael's. *Thanks to Toby for picking up the items I needed!*

Supplies:
-Burlap Banner (or burlap cut into pennants)
-Twine
-Numbers
-Heart cutouts
-Heart Stamp
-Red ink for stamp
-Glue gun

Supplies
The first thing I did was glue the twine to the back of the burlap pennants in a straight line a few centimeters below the top. Then I flipped that over and started gluing the numbers on to each pennant. I thought it was cute to do two numbers per pennant. To separate the numbers I added a pennant that I put a red stamped heart on. I put a cut-out white heart that read "Together" and "Forever" to be the first and last pennant on either side of the numbers.


Glued twine to the back of the pennants

Finished product

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment