Monday, July 21, 2014

Quarter Century Celebration

Last week I turned 25! Yes, I am excited. It's funny, I feel older than I did but I am not dreading aging. I think that has to do with the fact that I have done a lot of soul-searching and thinking. I don't feel like I have hit my potential but I don't feel as if I am not reaching for a better me. Some people turn 25 and feel closer to 30 and look at their lives as unfulfilled and get depressed by that. For me it's not that way. I have some growing to do and a lot of learning to do but I'm happy and that's what matters.

So last week when I turned 25 it was my favorite birthday to date! I was surrounded by family and love. My brother drove up from Richmond and we went out to dinner at Maggiano's, which was delicious. I also got all of the gifts on my wish list including a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, a Michael Kors bag, a Fitbit, jewelry including a monogrammed necklace, and some t-shirts. I also got balloons at work and an Edible Arrangement. Oh! and my mom also left a tiara for me on the counter for when I woke up so I could feel like a princess.
Never too old to be a princess

Office birthdays can be fun too!

Ice cream cakes are the best!

Birthday with my bean

Can't wait to bake so many things
I definitely love all of my gifts but more than that I love being surrounded by the people I love. It was so nice to have so many people celebrate with me and I feel very special. I'm excited for this year and all of the adventures that will come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment