Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wedding Craft: Bridesmaids

As I mentioned, I'm getting married! June 2015 I will be tying the knot to my best friend. But before I do that I need some girls to stand by my side. I wanted a cute way to ask them, and after scouring Pinterest I wasn't satisfied with the selection and ideas. Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of ideas for gifts and 'thank-yous' but I didn't find a lot when it came to cute ways to ask a girl to be part of the wedding. So after hours in Michael's, with a cart full of supplies, I decided to make an extraordinary gift basket. In a basket I put a Coozie with 'Bridesmaid' on it, a glittery champagne split, and a pastel Chinese takeout box full of wedding goodies-including two felt fortune cookies with the fortune reading: "Will you be my Bridesmaid?"

Bridesmaids Baskets

Here is a tutorial for how to make your own "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" gift basket:

Step 1: Get supplies

For the Champagne Bottle
-Champagne/Prosecco Split
-Spray Adhesive
-Glitter

For the Fortune Cookie
-Felt Paper
-Bowl/CD/Something circular to trace
-Card stock paper
-Glue Gun

-Chinese Take-out boxes to put the fortune cookies and other goodies in
-Flowers/Stickers to decorate the box
-Candy (Chocolates duh)
-Ring Pop
-Anything in the shape of a ring (I found Crayon rings and plastic 'diamond' rings)

-A basket to put it all in
-Gift wrap/shrink wrap to wrap around the basket
-Ribbon ( I found some that says "Happily Ever After" Adorbs!)
-A wooden letter to attach to the ribbon (All of my girls' names started with 'A') for a personal touch
-A blank card to write something sentimental in (I found some with an 'A' on the front)

I went to Michael's and go it all there

Step 2: Champagne Bottle



-Take the champagne split and spray adhesive glue all over the bottle
-Pour glitter in a box/baggie
-Roll the bottle in the glitter (I rolled the whole thing but you might want to only do half)
-Let it dry
-Wrap in plastic wrap to keep glitter from getting all over everything
-Tie the ribbon around it


Step 3: Fortune



-Type or Hand write a fortune on a piece of pretty card stock paper
I made two for each girl that said:

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I have an important question for you..."
and
"Will you be my BRIDESMAID (or) MAID OF HONOR?"

and on the back I put:

"LUCKY NUMBERS 6 13 2015" (wedding date)

P.S. Bookman Old Style is the font used on real fortune cookies, I used it for the Lucky Numbers

Step 4: Fortune Cookie
I made one big (Big Bowl to trace) and one small (CD to trace)

Big Cookie:
-Take a piece of felt paper and place the bowl face down on it to trace the circle
-Cut the circle out
-Place your fortune in the circle
-Fold over in half and crease it in the middle
-Hold the now semi-circle so the straight part is towards you and the rounded edge is away
-Glue the rounded edge down put leave a few inches unglued so the fortune cookie has open ends
-Push the crease with your finger and pull the two sides towards you
-Glue the two ends together in the middle

Small cookie:
Same steps just trace with a CD or smaller circle





I placed the fortune inside each cookie. In the big fortune cookie I put "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" and in the small fortune cookie I put the "Roses are red" poem

Step 5: Chinese Take out Box


Adhesive flowers attached to the outside of the box (and 2 on the top when closed)


-Pick which color you like for each girl and decorate with flowers/stickers
*My colors are gray, pink, purple, and white-with splashes of mint-so I tried to make sure each box had a bit of each*
-Put the big fortune cookie on the bottom that says "Will you be my Bridesmaid?"
-Pile candy and rings
-Put the smaller fortune cookie on the top with the fortune that says "Roses are red,violets are blue, I have an important question for you..." so that they will have to dig through the goodies to get to the next one
-Close box and apply any last minute decorations
Pastel colored Chinese takeout boxes

Place the big fortune cookie on the bottom and pile goodies on top 
The smaller fortune cookie on top

Step 6: Assemble 

-Find a cute basket
-Write a card (I found blank ones with an "A" on the outside which is the first letter of my name and theirs)
-Place champagne split, Bridesmaid Coozie (purchased on Amazon) and Chinese Takeout box in basket
-Wrap the entire thing in plastic wrap or shrink wrap
-Tie some more ribbon around the whole thing and attach the glittery letter ("A" in my case)
Some of the goodies inside the Chinese box

Coozies from Amazon
Glittery wooden letter for the first letter of their names

Card to write a sentimental note

Baskets for Bridesmaids

Basket for Maid of Honor

Inside of the basket all wrapped up!

All wrapped up and ready to gift! 
All set and ready to be unwrapped! 


And VoilĂ ! Gift your ladies something unique and personal!

Happy Crafting! (And Wedding Planning)

Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment