Saturday, July 12, 2014

Wedding Dress Shopping

Today was a really exciting day. I went to try on dresses with my mom, aunt, cousin, future mother-in-law, and future sister-in-law. The six of us met at a cute bridal boutique halfway between our houses. When I set the appointment up I was shocked that the woman said it would be a 90 minute appointment, I thought there was no way I would need that long to try on dresses. I was so wrong. The time flew by. I felt like I had maybe been there 30 minutes when the appointment was over.

Here are a few pics from the day: 


Loved this one! It is blush/champagne underneath
Loved this one also!
Love lace
Bling and poof! I like it

Despite my facial expression, I really like this one!
Had to try on full ballgowns too!

This one had a bit too much going on
Beautiful back

The thing is, I bought a dress online on a whim that I fell in love with. I love it and am really happy with it but I really wanted to have the experience of trying on many different styles of dresses and if I found one I really liked then I would buy that one and return the one I already bought. I could not decide if I liked the ballgown or the fitted style more. I fell in love with one that was a ballgown that was not the traditional ivory/white. It had some blush underneath the lace and looked amazing. But, I also loved the fitted lace "fit and flare" style dress-it reminds me of the one I already have but with more lace. And of course, I like the one that I already have. We left the shop without purchasing one today but I loved the experience! It was so fun to have an audience and hear everyone's opinions. I still love the one I have but I also loved feeling like a princess in all of the dresses! 

Love, 

1 comment:

  1. You looked so beautiful in every dress you tried on! What a difficult decision. I love the dress you already have, but it was so much fun being part of your entourage and watching you try on different styles!
    No matter what you choose, you will be the most beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete